Job Title: Order Administrator
Salary: Competitive + performance bonus Location: Paulton, Somerset, BS39 7SX
Jane Clayton & Company is a fast-growing, profitable, privately-owned ecommerce business offering over 90,000 designer products from prestigious interiors brands such as Designers Guild, Farrow and Ball, and Mulberry Home.
Our business is solidly built on our interior design and curtain making heritage, and our unique online made-to-measure furnishings offer sets us apart.
We are based in modern offices located within a 30-minute drive from both Bristol and Bath.
About the Job
You will be responsible for ensuring efficient administration of customer orders by working with our suppliers and other teams within the business. You will play an important in ensuring our customer expectations are met. We take pride in the high level of service we offer, and this shines through in the reviews we receive.
• Placing orders with suppliers on our order management system, and through supplier ordering portals.
• Meeting daily deadlines, for example supplier cut off times for ordering, and ensuring any outstanding tasks are completed.
• Ensuring customers are kept up to date for example on stock levels, delivery dates, and any issues with their orders.
• Communicating with suppliers and customers to manage exceptions, including out of stocks, delivery delays, damaged goods, and returns
• Tracking progress of deliveries, and being proactive to ensure deliveries flow smoothly and customers are informed of any delays
• Requesting discounts from suppliers when appropriate for large orders
• Assisting with listing returned items on eBay
• Other relevant administrative tasks, including providing cover for other team members which may include basic accounting tasks
• At busy times you may be asked to assist the Customer Service team with basic customer enquiries.
Skills & Experience
Previous admin experience is essential. You will be used to working in a busy office environment, with daily deadlines. You will be a good communicator, confident on the phone and writing emails. You’ll need to have some flexibility in working hours when we are a really busy. Working across different systems, you’ll need to be good at multi-tasking and able to learn new skills quickly. You’ll also be proactive in resolving problems, able to make judgement calls in new situations, and have excellent attention to detail. An interest in or knowledge of interiors products would be a bonus.
Good pay, bonus, flexible working hours, 29 days paid holiday (including bank holidays), company pension, life insurance, income protection, employee discount scheme.
We aim to create an enjoyable team environment, where employees are valued and their contribution to our business success is recognised and rewarded.
Please email your CV and covering letter including details of qualifications, career and current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org