Job Title: Customer Service Specialist
Salary: Competitive + performance bonus Location: Paulton, Somerset, BS39 7SX
Jane Clayton & Company is a fast-growing, profitable, privately-owned ecommerce business offering over 90,000 designer products from prestigious interiors brands such as Designers Guild, Farrow and Ball, and Mulberry Home.
Our business is solidly built on our interior design and curtain making heritage, and our unique online made-to-measure furnishings offer sets us apart.
We are based in modern offices located within a 30-minute drive from both Bristol and Bath.
About the Job
You will be responsible for delivering the excellent level of customer service we have become known for and which is at the heart of our business. We take pride in the high level of service we offer, and this shines through in the reviews we receive.
Wallpaper and Fabric have their unique characteristics and come with particular challenges due to the many and varied product attributes to deal with. Part of the role will be to rapidly familiarise yourself with these and over time you will become an expert in the intricacies of the products that we sell. Once familiarised with the specifics of the role you will be required to employ your product knowledge and decision-making skills to decide how to describe and merchandise products, working with the wider E-commerce team to suggest improvements to the overall product offering on our customer-facing website.
• Dealing with sometimes complex customer enquiries via email, telephone, and live chat. This could be an enquiry about stock levels, a request for a quotation for a pair of curtains, or a customer looking for help sourcing a particular product.
• Being proactive in dealing with difficult issues and problem orders. We aim to anticipate issues before they become a problem for our customers. For example, noticing an order has not been delivered and chasing up before the customer calls in..
• Placing orders on our order management system – it’s then over to our order management team to process the orders.
• Working closely with our suppliers, for example to obtain technical information about products or seek their help resolving an issue.
• Demonstrating a detailed knowledge of our huge product range, covering all budgets and styles. Training will be provided.
• Developing your expertise in our made to measure curtains, blinds, cushions and headboards.
• Playing your part in ensuring the teams objectives are met, particularly ensuring we are meeting our objectives in customer satisfaction and response times.
• Producing quotes for non-standard items, and large orders. Following up with customers to increase the chances of a quote becoming an order.
Skills & Experience
Previous customer service experience is essential, but this may have been gained outside of an office, for example in retail or hospitality. Knowledge of interiors products, or experience in luxury retail would be a bonus.
You will have an engaging and reassuring phone manner, and have good written communication skills. Working across different systems you will be good at multi-tasking and able to learn new skills quickly. You’ll also be proactive in resolving problems, and able to make judgement calls in new situations. We do get busy, so it’s important you are calm under pressure and able to work at pace. You’ll also need to have some flexibility in working hours, depending on workload.
Good pay, bonus, flexible working hours, 29 days paid holiday (including bank holidays), company pension, life insurance, income protection, employee discount scheme.
We aim to create an enjoyable team environment, where employees are valued and their contribution to our business success is recognised and rewarded.
Please email your CV and covering letter including details of qualifications, career and current salary to email@example.com