This customer facing role will draw on your expertise in made to measure soft furnishings (including curtains and blinds), and you will become our resident expert. It’s a really varied job combining working with customers, problem solving, managing the flow of orders, acting as a source of expertise, and working collaboratively with others.
There is an aspect of project management to the role, particularly for larger orders: co-ordinating measures and fits, checking stock, advising on substitutions, and working with makers to meet deadlines.
Other aspects of the role:
- Dealing with sometimes complex soft furnishing enquiries by email and over the phone, using your expertise to advise on the most suitable window treatments.
- Producing quotes including for non-standard items that cannot be automatically calculated by our systems.
- Producing clear specifications for our in-house makers with all the details they will need.
- Calculating fabric quantities, looking to make efficiencies where possible.
- Co-ordinating site visits for measures and fits working alongside our fitting department.
- Meeting customers in our showroom, making them feel welcome and advising on options to fit their brief.
- Working with production and administration teams to resolve any issues, such as alterations and remakes, and dealing with faulty fabrics.
- Providing advice and training to the customer service team, and acting as an internal expert on all matters made to measure.
About you: It is essential you have previous experience working with high quality soft furnishings and are confident with both the aesthetic and technical options. Some of our clients have high budgets (and expectations), and often choose expensive fabrics, and so it’s essential you are confident working with discerning clients and high-end products.
You will be working with different teams, and with subcontractors, and so it’s essential you have excellent communication skills. Managing a number of different tasks and projects at once will draw on your organisational skills, and you will be a natural at multi-tasking.
Getting something wrong can have major knock-on impacts (such as returns to site, or refunds), and so attention to detail will be really important. And when things do wrong you’ll be prepared to jump in and find a solution. Last but not least, you’ll need to be highly numerate and able to write well.
Benefits: Good pay, bonus, flexible working hours, 29 days paid holiday (including bank holidays), company pension, employee discount scheme. We aim to create an enjoyable team environment, where employees are valued and their contribution to our business success is recognised and rewarded.